April 18, 2011

Brown Bag Microwave Popcorn

Did you all know that Little eats next to nothing? Unfortunately one of his yes foods is popcorn. I don't mind giving him popcorn as a snack but I do mind all of the additives in microwave popcorn, gross. Yes I know it's an easy fix just get an air popper...but I always hesitated because I really don't need one more thing to clutter up my kitchen. Happy day now because my friend Christina makes her kiddos popcorn like this.

 +


We tried it today, success!  Here's her recipe.

Brown Bag Microwave Popcorn
1/3 cup popcorn kernels
little bit of olive oil
salt

Add all of the ingredients in the bag. Fold the bag over twice and sit upright in the microwave. All microwaves are different but I would just cook on high between 2 and 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

{image via Feed Me I'm Cranky}

5 comments:

marni zarr said...

way cool and so easy! great tip!

Full House said...

Yeah you did it. Now try stirring room temperature soft butter around the kernels and then pop it. mmm...butter.

Ugh and getting kids to eat is my least favorite mothering task right under throw up and poop.

Luvs2dance said...

For and adult spin your could add a little hot sauce to the oil and that would be a tastey treat!!!

Im going to try to make it this way - Thanks :)

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I need to try this! Thanks for the tip.

Ivy said...

I might try this! I love Jolly Time Healthy Pop. Very little in it and tastes great!

Cheers~Ivy